Hydrocarbon Leak Detector (HLD)
The sensor is installed in the roof of the protection structure of the christmas tree or the production manifold. The roof functions as a collector and for this reason it needs to be tight. Because hydrocarbons (Oil and Gas) are lighter than seawater, it will float upwards and be caught in the collector. A layer of the leaking media is built up and will eventually cover the sensor window. The sensor will measure another media than water and transmit a changed signal through the Subsea Control Module to the operator topside.
- monitors hydrocarbon leakage to the Subsea environment
- Field proven since 1995
- Easy to install
- ROV retrievable or non-retrievable version
- Capacitive sensor based on glass/ceramic-to-metal sealing technology
- No re-calibration required for the lifetime of the instrument
- Glass/ceramic-to-metal sealed penetrator with bootseals
- One instrument covers water depth until 4000m
- Available in stainless steel and titanium
- Electrical Interface, 4-20mA and CAN443
Water Leak Detector
Our Water Leak Detector (WLD) is designed for monitoring the internal environment in subsea applications. The oil to water transition (or, silicone oil to hydraulic oil transition) will be effectively monitored due to the different dielectric constants of the two media. The sensors have proved to be unaffected by long term exposure to hydrocarbons and seawater, and are qualified for depths down to 4000 meters. The WLD will effectively monitor the leakage rate of even small amounts of water. The WLD may be incorporated in penetrators, as well as used as a stand alone instrument.
The WLD is based on a patented capacitive sensor design, and our subsea field-proven glass/ceramic-to-metal sealed sensors. This unique material technology provides hermetically sealed sensor probes, using inorganic materials only. The cross binding molecular structure of the glass provides the sensor probes with the following key features:
- No diffusion of water into the sensor probe dielectric material
- Unmatched long term stability
- High pressure (6.000psi)
Glass/ceramic-to-metal sealed sensor probes with identical material and sealing technology as the WLD sensor, have been exposed directly to well fluids in subsea and downhole applications. The sensor material technology has, in products like our Hydrocarbon Leak Detector and Roxar’s Multiphase and Water Cut Meters, proven extremely stable by long term exposure to hydrocarbons and water.
The WLD electronic supports both CANbus and 4-20mA.
- Subsea Enclosures
- Subsea Control Modules
- Subsea Electronic Modules
- Hydraulic systems
- Multiphase pumps
- High Voltage equipment like Wet Mate Connectors
ROV Retrieveable Hydrocarbon Leak Detector
Water Leak Detector 3-level
Water Leak Detector 1-level